Thank you so much, Redemption Hill Church family, for praying for our recent mission trip to Sub-Sahara Africa. Our team consisted of Joshua Proctor, Al Barrera, Ross Jagers and myself. Here are some highlights of our trip:
1. A Muslim imam requested a Christian Bible from us. This request was huge. We have been going to his village for 9 years. This Muslim Imam is the most influential “religious” leader in the villages. Please pray for the HOLY SPIRIT to reveal GOD’s truth to the Imam as he reads GOD’s Word. We immediately drove to Dakar and purchased an Arabic Bible for him. His conversion would impact the entire region.
2. We shared several stories from GOD’s Word in the villages. Pray GOD continues to use these stories to reveal the truth of the gospel.
3. We purchased school supplies for the children in the villages of Gaout and Fam Bye Gore.
4. We purchased medicine for people in the village of Keur Doom.
5. We purchased and presented soccer balls and jump ropes to the children in the four villages.
6. We purchased a sack of rice, potatoes, onions, and cooking oil for our converts – Claire and Victor and their family. The supply should last them two months.
7. On many occasions, we had the opportunity to pray.
8. On a sadder note, the village chief of one of the villages is seriously ill. His health has declined significantly since the last time we saw him. When we first came to his village, he welcomed us with open arms. Please pray for him.
I am so thankful for a church family that takes seriously the Great Commission: “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all
things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”